Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Days 1 & 2 of Amazing Multi Horse Show Gypsy Adventure

....but I really haven't slept, so I will just count all of these occurances as just a single day.

No grass grows under the gypsy wagon's wheels, so Lindsay and I found ourselves packing for another adventure. We decided to go to another horse show on the way to Kentucky and take Hewie along... and by on the way I mean completely out of the way and totally out of my budget. Plus, that show is Fair Hill, which is always certain to be cold and rainy. Case in point, today, and the forecast for every day this week. Whose bright idea was this? Jon Holling's, of course.

At least I have Wesley's all you can eat seafood buffet to look forward to!

We got here late last night after being on the road since 4:30am. I had planned to leave at 3 or 3:30 but Adrian needed to fix something on the big LQ trailer. OK, that was fine and Lindsay and I just took our time packing the odds and ends. About 4:00 rolls around and he is still twiddling with things, must be a man thing. We load up the horses and he is still fussing with switches and knobs. I give him the 15 minute warning which went in one ear and out the other. I truly believe he loves this LQ trailer more than me. Finally I made an executive decision and just started driving, with Adrian attatched to the side, it was like I was taking a baby from its' mothers' arms. He may have started crying... for the trailer... not for me. I am sure he is counting the minutes until he meets me in Kentucky so he can see his baby (the trailer) again.. silly man.

The morning didn't get much better for me. At about 7 am I was having trouble keeping my eyes open so Lindsay and I decided to stop for coffee. After browsing in the aisles of the gas station a younger sort of cute man came up to me and asked me how I was doing. Okay, all right, a little tired I guess. Then he announced to the world that I had my pants on inside out. And he called me "ma'am". Double crap. I had gone all morning with my pants on inside out (THANKS Lindsay and Adrian... good looking out) and I apparently look old enough now to be called "ma'am". Awesome just... awesome.

After putting on my pants like a big girl we hit the road again. The rest of the trip was totally uneventful. Lindsay and I both noted how much faster we were at our stops now that we didn't have the resident Trailer Freak with us. Faster, yes... but I do still miss the Trailer Freak very much even if he adds at least 2 hours on to my trip time just by being there.

Linsday and I took the boys on a trail ride around Fair Hill in what seemed like a frigid blizzard.. but in reality it was just 55 and drizzle. I have gone soft from living in Florida. Spoiled. Even the dogs have been shivering all day. I rode them both again on the flat this afternoon and had a lesson on Don with Jon which went really well. He is going amazing and everybody around has noticed a huge change in his attitude this year. I am optimistic about our chances at Kentucky but really, after what happened last year, if I can just have a happy horse in the sandbox I will be thrilled. Everything else will be icing on the cake. We drew # 20 so we will go Thursday afternoon, exactly what I wanted. I can't believe a week from today we will be in Kentucky. It seems like yesterday I was crying in my trailer and wondering how in the world I was going to sell all my stuff. Not this year!! Jon has been beyond awesome at helping me, and not just with my horses but my whole attitude and mental focus about riding and competing.

On that note... I'm off to eat pounds and pounds of crab!

1 comment:

  1. otr214426
    INTERNATIONAL CONCEPT OF WORK FROM HOME
    Work from home theory is fast gaining popularity because of the freedom and flexibility that comes with it. Since one is not bound by fixed working hours, they can schedule their work at the time when they feel most productive and convenient to them. Women & Men benefit a lot from this concept of work since they can balance their home and work perfectly. People mostly find that in this situation, their productivity is higher and stress levels lower. Those who like isolation and a tranquil work environment also tend to prefer this way of working. Today, with the kind of communication networks available, millions of people worldwide are considering this option.

    Women & Men who want to be independent but cannot afford to leave their responsibilities at home aside will benefit a lot from this concept of work. It makes it easier to maintain a healthy balance between home and work. The family doesn't get neglected and you can get your work done too. You can thus effectively juggle home responsibilities with your career. Working from home is definitely a viable option but it also needs a lot of hard work and discipline. You have to make a time schedule for yourself and stick to it. There will be a time frame of course for any job you take up and you have to fulfill that project within that time frame.

    There are many things that can be done working from home. A few of them is listed below that will give you a general idea about the benefits of this concept.

    Baby-sitting
    This is the most common and highly preferred job that Women & Men like doing. Since in today's competitive world both the parents have to work they need a secure place to leave behind their children who will take care of them and parents can also relax without being worried all the time. In this job you don't require any degree or qualifications. You only have to know how to take care of children. Parents are happy to pay handsome salary and you can also earn a lot without putting too much of an effort.

    Nursery
    For those who have a garden or an open space at your disposal and are also interested in gardening can go for this method of earning money. If given proper time and efforts nursery business can flourish very well and you will earn handsomely. But just as all jobs establishing it will be a bit difficult but the end results are outstanding.

    Freelance
    Freelance can be in different wings. Either you can be a freelance reporter or a freelance photographer. You can also do designing or be in the advertising field doing project on your own. Being independent and working independently will depend on your field of work and the availability of its worth in the market. If you like doing jewellery designing you can do that at home totally independently. You can also work on freelancing as a marketing executive working from home. Wanna know more, email us on workfromhome.otr214426@gmail.com and we will send you information on how you can actually work as a marketing freelancer.


    Internet related work
    This is a very vast field and here sky is the limit. All you need is a computer and Internet facility. Whatever field you are into work at home is perfect match in the software field. You can match your time according to your convenience and complete whatever projects you get. To learn more about how to work from home, contact us today on workfromhome.otr214426@gmail.comand our team will get you started on some excellent work from home projects.


    Diet food
    Since now a days Women & Men are more conscious of the food that they eat hence they prefer to have homemade low cal food and if you can start supplying low cal food to various offices then it will be a very good source of income and not too much of efforts. You can hire a few ladies who will help you out and this can be a good business.

    Thus think over this concept and go ahead.

    ReplyDelete