Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 1

Okay, well this is actually day 4. Everything between day 365 and now is sort of a blur.  My feeble attempt at responsibility on New Years Eve landed me on the couch with the spins, laughing at anything that sounded or resembled the word "boob". Staying at home playing board games actually CAN get you into trouble. Real good start to the year, real good.

As if I wasn't in enough pain on New Years Day, I had to make everyone else suffer along with me. Somehow I convinced Josh and a former student, Annie, to get in the trucks and drive to Ocala during the night. Why do people allow me to do these things... I must be very convincing.

15 hours and a blown tire later we arrived in Ocala! Around 8am something started beaming through the window of my truck.. it was very strange.. at first I was spooked and startled but I slowly started to remember what it was that I was seeing... SUN. We settled the big boys into their stalls at Buck's where they were very happy to be with the rest of their Chestnut Eventing Family. Two of my best friends ride with me at bucks, Casey McKissock and Kerry Blackmer, they also have odd chestnut geldings.

I've spent the past two days legging up Donald and Hewie and starting to school my two Training level babies, Helios and Compass Rose. They all feel great considering they had 2 months off. Hopefully I can find Chloe (Compass Rose) her new eventing partner down here, Buck is going to take a look at her tomorrow and I have a few other calls to make. She is wonderful, now to just find her a person!

I have to admit that even though I am loving the sunshine and warm weather, I'm pretty homesick. I know the farm is in good hands, my working student Karen is beyond wonderful and she's doing a great job. There is no better place than Che' Loch Moy. It's home. Although, our landlords down here at the cottage are SO fun! Jean and Sevy. They own our "Rancho Martinez". They are wonderful, hysterical people. For the past two days I couldn't figure out how to work the gas range, and Jean asked me if I was retarted. We are going to get along just fine.

I hear hungry horses, especially Donald.

xoxo

k

No comments:

Post a Comment